As I quickly approach my 60th birthday I have taken some time to reflect on my life. What an amazing journey it has been so far and I TRULY feel THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
With age comes a little bit of wisdom. These are some of the things I have learned so far:
- Doing something that brings you joy is more important than the size of the paycheck.
- The body we live in is only a space suit – it does not define who we are in our souls.
- Learning that “This Too Shall Pass” makes it easier to weather the storms that will come to all of us.
- Having faith that God can handle the situation without my help is HARD!!
- Defining people by their Job Title, how much money they have or by the status symbols they own is wrong.
- Re-hashing the injustices we experienced in our past robs us of the joy we could be experiencing today.
- Going through life with a true soul mate by our side whom we love deeply makes everything better.
- There is wonder and joy all around us if we only make the effort to see it.
- It’s OK to let your weird self out in the open for all to see. Your tribe will find you when you are authentic.
- Finding something to be truly grateful for every single day brings out the sweetness in life.
I am grateful for all the experiences I have had so far in my life. I am so grateful that for over half of my life I have had the divine miracle of going through life with my soul mate. We have weathered some horrible storms but we have also experienced the joy of seeing the sun come out again. Our joyful times far outweigh the our times of strife. Now we have reached the golden time in our lives when we can reap all that we have sown. After actively raising children in our home for 35+ years, we are rapidly approaching the time when it will just be us again. Our youngest is 19 and is finding his own path. All three of our kids are happy, safe and living their own forms of bliss. Seeing them like this is a gift beyond compare. What a joyful time lies at our feet! We have lived through a lot, learned a lot and loved a lot. I am eternally grateful for all of it!
While this is a very rewarding time in our lives, it is also a time of great transformation. What do we do now? What is next on our path? It has taken us quite a lot of time pondering this monumental question. There have been a few false starts, some backtracking, some map reading and some prayers, but we finally seem to be on the same page. We are ready for our next great project. What’s it going to be? All I can say right now is that it is going to be full of magic and adventure and wonderment and weirdness and joy. Hopefully you will want to come along for the ride!
Thanks for being here!